|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- 33-m (5-V Input) High-Side MOSFET Switch
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- Overcurrent Logic Output
- Operating Range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Logic-Level Enable Input
- Typical Rise Time: 6.1 ms
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Maximum Standby Supply Current: 10 µA
- No Drain-Source Back-Gate Diode
- Available in 8-pin SOIC Package
- Ambient Temperature Range, –40°C to 125°C
- 2-kV Human-Body-Model, 200-V Machine-Model ESD Protection
- UL Listed – File No. E169910
Texas Instruments TPS2032QDRQ1
The TPS2032 power distribution switch is intended for applications where heavy capacitive loads and short circuits are likely to be encountered. These devices are 50-m N-channel MOSFET high-side power switches. The switch is controlled by a logic enable compatible with 5-V logic and 3-V logic. Gate drive is provided by an internal charge pump designed to control the power-switch rise times and fall times to minimize current surges during switching. The charge pump requires no external components and allows operation from supplies as low as 2.7 V.
When the output load exceeds the current-limit threshold or a short is present, the TPS2032 limits the output current to a safe level by switching into a constant-current mode, pulling the overcurrent (OC) logic output low. When continuous heavy overloads and short circuits increase the power dissipation in the switch, causing the junction temperature to rise, a thermal protection circuit shuts off the switch to prevent damage. Recovery from a thermal shutdown is automatic once the device has cooled sufficiently. Internal circuitry ensures the switch remains off until valid input voltage is present.
The TPS2032 limits at 1.5-A load. The TPS2032 is available in an 8-pin small-outline integrated-circuit (SOIC) package and operates over a temperature range of –40°C to 125°C.