|Package | PIN:||DAP | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Complete USB Hub Power Solution
- Meets USB Specifications 1.1 and 2.0
- Independent Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- 3.3-V Regulator for USB Hub Controller
- Overcurrent Logic Outputs
- 4.5-V to 5.5-V Operating Range
- CMOS- and TTL-Compatible Enable Inputs
- 185 µA Bus-Power Supply Current
- Available in 32-Pin HTSSOP PowerPAD™ Package
- -40°C to 85°C Ambient Temperature Range
2PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS2071DAP
The TPS2070 and TPS2071 provide a complete USB hub power solution by incorporating four major functions: current-limited power switches for four ports, a 3.3-V 100-mA regulator, a 5-V regulator controller for self-power, and a DP0 line control to signal attach/detach of the hub.
These devices are designed to meet bus-powered and self-powered hub requirements. These devices are also designed for hybrid hub implementations and allow for automatic switching from self-powered mode to bus-powered mode if loss of self-power is experienced (can be disabled by applying a logic high to BP_DIS).
Each port has a current-limited 107-m N-channel MOSFET high-side power switch for 100-mA bus-powered operation. All the N-channel MOSFETs are designed without parasitic diodes, preventing current backflow into the inputs.
For applications not requiring a 5-V regulator controller, use the TPS2074 or TPS2075 device.