|Package | PIN:||DB | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Complete USB Hub Power Solution
- Meets USB Specifications 1.1 and 2.0
- Independent Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- 3.3-V Regulator for USB Hub Controller
- Overcurrent Logic Outputs
- 4.5-V to 5.5-V Operating Range
- CMOS- and TTL-Compatible Enable Inputs
- 185 uA Bus-Power Supply Current
- Available in 24-Pin SSOP Package
- -40°C to 85°C Ambient Temperature Range
Texas Instruments TPS2074DB
The TPS2074 and TPS2075 provide a complete USB hub power solution by incorporating three major functions: current-limited power switches for four ports, a 3.3-V 100-mA regulator, and a DP0 line control to signal attach/detach of the hub.
These devices are designed to meet bus-powered and self-powered hub requirements. These devices are also designed for hybrid hub implementations and allow for automatic switching from self-powered mode to bus-powered mode if loss of self-power is experienced. This feature can be disabled by applying a logic high to the BP_DIS input
Each port has a current-limited 100-m N-channel MOSFET high-side power switch for 100-mA bus-powered operation. All the N-channel MOSFETs are designed without parasitic diodes, preventing current backflow into the inputs.
For applications where a 5-V regulator is needed, use the TPS2070 or TPS2071 device.