|Package | PIN:||DB | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Integrated VCC and Vpp Switching for Low Power Single-Slot PC Card&l#153; Interface
- Low rDS(on) (160-m VCC Switches)
- Low Current Limit, 450 mA (VCC) Typ
- 3.3-V Low-Voltage Mode
- 12-V Supply Can Be Disabled Except During 12-V Flash Programming
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- Space-Saving 16-Pin SSOP (DB)
- Compatible With 3.3-V, 5-V, and 12-V PC Cards
- Break-Before-Make Switching
- Typical Applications Include: PCMCIA PC Card Sockets in PDAs, PBXs, Bar Code Scanners, Compact Flash and Smart Cards
PC Card is a trademark of PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association).
LinBiCMOS is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS2212IDB
The TPS2212 PC Card power-interface switch provides an integrated power-management solution for a single low power PC Card. All of the discrete power MOSFETs, a logic section, current limiting, and thermal protection for PC Card control are combined on a single integrated circuit, using the Texas Instruments LinBiCMOS process. The circuit allows the distribution of 3.3-V, 5-V, and/or 12-V card power, and is compatible with many PCMCIA controllers. The current-limiting feature eliminates the need for fuses, which reduces component count and improves reliability. Current-limit reporting can help the user isolate a system fault to the PC Card.
The TPS2212 features a 3.3-V low-voltage mode that allows for 3.3-V switching without the need for 5 V. Bias power can be derived from either the 3.3-V or 5-V inputs. This facilitates low-power system designs such as sleep mode and pager mode, where only 3.3 V is available.
End equipment for the TPS2212 includes notebook computers, desktop computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), digital cameras, and bar-code scanners. This device is well suited for those applications that need to limit the power provided to the PC card because of power-supply constraints. In many applications, such as palm computers, the system cannot allocate more than 200 mA of current to a PC card slot. For these lower-power applications, the TPS2212 provides the same advanced level of protection that the TPS2211 provides for higher-power applications.