|Package | PIN:||DB | 30|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 70)|
- Provides S-CARD abd M-CARD Power Management for CableCARD™ Applications
- Fully Integrated xVCC and xVPP Switching
- xVPP Programmed Independent of xVCC
- 3.3-V, 5-V, and/or 12-V Power Distribution
- Low rDS(on) (60-m 5-V xVCC Switch Typical)
- Short Circuit and Thermal Protection
- 150-uA (Maximum) Quiescent Current
- Standby Mode: 50-mA Current Limit (Typ)
- 12-V Supply Can Be Disabled
- 3.3-V Low-Voltage Mode
- Ambient Temperature...-40°C to 70°C
- Meets PC CardTM Standards
- TTL-Logic Compatible Inputs
- Available in 24-Pin and 30-Pin SSOP (DB), and 32-Pin TSSOP (DAP) Packages
- Break-Before-Make Switching
- Internal Power-On Reset
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
PC Card is a trademark of PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association).
CableCard is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS2216ADB
The TPS2214A and TPS2216A PC Card power-interface switches provide an integrated power-management solution for two PC Cards. All of the discrete power MOSFETs, a logic section, current limiting, and thermal protection for PC Card control are combined on single integrated circuits. These low-cost devices allow the distribution of 3.3-V, 5-V, and/or 12-V power to the card. The current-limiting feature eliminates the need for fuses. Current-limit reporting can help the user isolate a system fault.
The TPS2214A and TPS2216A feature a 3.3-V low-voltage mode that allows for 3.3-V switching without the need for 5-V power. This feature facilitates low-power system designs such as sleep modes where only 3.3 V is available. These devices also have the ability to program the xVPP outputs independent of the xVCC outputs. A standby mode that changes all output-current limits to 50 mA (typical) has been incorporated.
End-equipment applications for these products include: notebook computers, desktop computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), digital cameras, and bar-code scanners.
The TPS2216A is backward-compatible with the TPS2202A, TPS2206, and TPS2216. The TPS2214A is backward-compatible with the TPS2214.