|Package | PIN:||DB | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Integrated VCC and Vpp Switching for 3.3 V, 5 V, and 12 V (no 12 V on TPS2223)
- Meets Current PC Card Standards
- Vpp Output Selection Independent of VCC
- 12-V and 5-V Supplies Can Be Disabled
- TTL-Logic Compatible Inputs
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- 24-Pin HTSSOP, 24- or 30-Pin SSOP
- 140-µA (Typical) Quiescent Current from 3.3-V Input
- Break-Before-Make Switching
- Power-On Reset
- 40°C to 85°C Operating Ambient Temperature Range
- Notebook and Desktop Computers
- Bar Code Scanners
- Digital Cameras
- Set-Top Boxes
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
CardBus and PC Card are trademarks of PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association).
Texas Instruments TPS2224DB
The TPS2223, TPS2224 and TPS2226 Card-Bus power-interface switches provide an integrated power-management solution for two PC Card sockets. These devices allow the controlled distribution of 3.3 V, 5 V, and 12 V to each card slot. The current-limiting and thermal-protection features eliminate the need for fuses. Current-limit reporting helps the user isolate a system fault. The switch rDS(on) and current-limit values have been set for the peak and average current requirements stated in the PC Card specification, and optimized for cost.
Like the TPS2214 and TPS2214A and the TPS2216 and TPS2216A, this family of devices supports independent VPP/VCC switching; however, the standby and interface-mode pins are not supported. Shutdown mode is now supported independently on SHDN as well as in the serial interface. Optimized for lower power implementation, the TPS2223 does not support 12-V switching to VPP. See the available options table for pin-compatible device information