|Package | PIN:||DB | 30|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Provides S-CARD and M-CARD Power Management for CableCARD Applications
- Single-Slot Switch: TPS2220A
Dual-Slot Switches: TPS2223A, TPS2224A,
- Fast Current Limit Response Time
- Fully Integrated VCC and VPP Switching for
3.3 V, 5 V, and 12 V (no 12 V on TPS2223A)
- Meets Current PC Card™ Standards
- Vpp Output Selection Independent of VCC
- 12-V and 5-V Supplies Can Be Disabled
- TTL-Logic Compatible Inputs
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- 24-Pin HTSSOP, 24- or 30-Pin SSOP
- 140-µA (Typical) Quiescent Current from
- Break-Before-Make Switching
- Power-On Reset
- -40°C to 85°C Operating Ambient Temperature Range
- Notebook and Desktop Computers
- Bar Code Scanners
- Digital Cameras
- Set-Top Boxes
CableCARD is a trademark of Cable Tevelision Laboratories, Inc.
3PC Card, CardBus are trademarks of PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association).
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS2226ADB
The TPS2223A, TPS2224A, and TPS2226A CardBus™ power-interface switches provide an integrated power-management solution for two PC Card sockets. The TPS2220A is a single-slot option for this family of devices. These devices allow the controlled distribution of 3.3 V, 5 V, and 12 V to each card slot. The current-limiting and thermal-protection features eliminate the need for fuses. Current-limit reporting helps the user isolate a system fault. The switch rDS(on) and current-limit values have been set for the peak and average current requirements stated in the PC Card specification, and optimized for cost. A faster maximum current limit response time is the only difference between the TPS2223A, TPS2224A, and TPS2226A and the TPS2223, TPS2224, and TPS2226.
Like the TPS2214 and TPS2214A and the TPS2216 and TPS2216A, this family of devices supports independent VPP/VCC switching; however, the standby and interface-mode pins are not supported. Shutdown mode is now supported independently on SHDN as well as in the serial interface. Optimized for lower power implementation, the TPS2223A does not support 12-V switching to VPP. For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI website at www.ti.com.