|Package | PIN:||DBV | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Operating Voltage Range (VIN): 1 V to 5.5 V
- Maximum Continuous Current (IMAX): 2 A
- On-Resistance (RON):
- 5 VIN = 80 mΩ (Typical)
- 1.8 VIN = 120 mΩ (Typical)
- 1 VIN = 220 mΩ (Typical)
- Ultra-Low Power Consumption:
- ON State (IQ): 0.5 µA (Typical)
- OFF State (ISD): 10 nA (Typical)
- Smart ON Pin Pull Down (RPD):
- ON ≥ VIH (ION): 10 nA (Maximum)
- ON ≤ VIL (RPD): 750 kΩ (Typical)
- Adjustable Turn ON Limits Inrush Current (tON):
- 5-V tON = 100 µs at 72 mV/µs (CT= Open)
- 5-V tON = 4000 µs at 2.3 mV/µs(CT = 1000 pF)
- Adjustable Output Discharge and Fall Time:
- Optional QOD Resistance ≥ 150 Ω (Internal)
- Always-ON True Reverse Current Blocking (RCB):
- Activation Current (IRCB): –500 mA (Typical)
- Reverse Leakage (IIN,RCB): –1 µA (Maximum)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS22917DBVR
The TPS22917 device is a small, single channel load switchutilizing a low leakage P-Channel MOSFET for minimum power loss. Advanced gate control designsupports operating voltages as low as 1 V with minimal increase in ON-Resistance and powerloss.
The Rise and Fall times can be independently adjusted with external components for systemlevel optimizations. The timing capacitor (CT) and turn on time can beadjusted to manage inrush current without adding unnecessary system delays. The output dischargeresistance (QOD) can be used to adjust the output fall time. Connect the QOD pin directly to theoutput for a fastest fall time or leave it open for the slowest fall time.
The switch ON state is controlled by a digital input that can interface directly withlow-voltage control signals. When power is first applied, a Smart Pull Down is used to keep the ONpin from floating until system sequencing is complete. Once the ON pin is deliberately driven high(≥VIH), the Smart Pull Down (RPD) is disconnected toprevent unnecessary power loss.
The TPS22917 device is available in a small, leaded SOT-23 package (DBV) which allowsvisual inspection of solder joints. The device is characterized for operation over a temperaturerange of –40°C to +125°C.