|Package | PIN:||DNY | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Integrated Single Channel Load Switch
- VBIAS Voltage Range: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Input Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 3.5 V
- Ultra low RON Resistance
- RON = 4.4 mΩ at VIN = 1.05 V (VBIAS = 5 V)
- 6A Maximum Continuous Switch Current
- Low Quiescent Current < 1 µA (max)
- Low Control Input Threshold Enables use of 1.2-V/1.8-V/2.5-V/3.3-V Logic
- Controlled Slew Rate
- tR = 4.2 µs at VIN = 1.05 V (VBIAS = 5 V)
- Quick Output Discharge (QOD)
- SON 8-terminal Package with Thermal Pad
- ESD Performance Tested per JESD 22
- 2-kV HBM and 1-kV CDM
Texas Instruments TPS22961DNYT
The TPS22961 is a small, ultra-low RON, single channel load switch with controlled turn on. The device contains an N-channel MOSFET that can operate over an input voltage range of 0.8 V to 3.5 V and supports a maximum continuous current of 6 A.
The combination of ultra-low RON and high current capability of the device makes it ideal for driving processor rails with very tight voltage dropout tolerances. Quick rise time of the device allows for power rails to come up quickly when the device is enabled, thereby reducing response time for power distribution. The switch can be independently controlled via the ON terminal, which is capable of interfacing directly with low-voltage control signals originating from microcontrollers or low voltage discrete logic. The device further reduces the total solution size by integrating a 260 Ω pull-down transistor for quick output discharge (QOD) when the switch is turned off.
The TPS22961 is available in a small, space-saving 3 mm x 3 mm 8-SON package (DNY) with integrated thermal pad allowing for high power dissipation. The device is characterized for operation over the free-air temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.