|Package | PIN:||YZP | 8|
|Temp:||T (-40 to 105)|
- Input Voltage Range (VIN): 0.65 V to 3.6 V
- RON = 4.7 mΩ (Typical) at VIN ≥1.8 V
- RON = 5.1 mΩ (Typical) at VIN =1.05 V
- RON = 6.4 mΩ (Typical) at VIN =0.65 V
- Maximum Continuous Switch Current (IMAX): 4 A
- ON State (IQ): 30 µA (Typical) at VIN > 1.2 V
- OFF State (ISD): 1 µA (Typical) at VIN > 1.8 V
- Controlled Slew Rate to Avoid Inrush Current
- 3.6 V Turn-ON time (tON): 1530µs
- 0.65 V Turn-ON time (tON): 815µs
- Low Threshold Enable (ON) Supports Use of Logic as Low as 0.9 V (VIH) of Logic
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Quick Output Discharge (QOD): 150-Ω (Typical)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS22970YZPR
The TPS22970 is a small, space-saving load switch withcontrolled Turn-ON to reduce inrush current. The device contains an N-channel MOSFET that canoperate over an input voltage range of 0.65 V to 3.6 V and pulsed switch currents up to 4 A. Anintegrated charge pump biases the NMOS switch in order to achieve a minimum switch ON resistance(RON). The switch is controlled by an on and off input (ON), which iscapable of interfacing directly with low-voltage control signals.
The TPS22970 is capable of thermal shutdown when the junction temperature is above thethreshold, turning the switch off. The switch turns on again when the junction temperaturestabilizes to a safe range.
The TPS22970 has a 150-Ω on-chip resistor for quick discharge of the output when switchis disabled to avoid any unknown state caused by floating supply to the downstream load.
The TPS22970 has an internally controlled rise time in order to reduce inrush current.
The TPS22970 is available in an ultra-small, space saving 8-pin WCSP package and ischaracterized for operation over the free-air temperature range of –40°C to +105°C.