|Package | PIN:||YZP | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range (VIN): 0.65 V to 3.6 V
- RON = 6.7 mΩ (typical) at VIN ≥1.8 V
- RON = 7.2 mΩ (typical) at VIN =1.05 V
- RON = 8.9 mΩ (typical) at VIN =0.65 V
- Maximum Continuous Switch Current (IMAX): 3 A
- ON State (IQ): 30 µA (typical) at 3.6 VIN
- OFF State (ISD): 1 µA (typical) at 3.6 VIN
- Adjustable Slew Rate through CT Pin
- Fast Turn-ON ≤ 65 µs at VIN = 1V
- Power Good (PG) Indicator After Switch Turn ON
- Low Threshold Enable (ON) of 0.9 V (VIH) supports use of low voltage control logic
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Quick Output Discharge (QOD): 150-Ω (typical)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS22971YZPR
The TPS22971 is a space-saving single-channel load switch withcontrolled and adjustable Turn-ON slew rate and an integrated Power Good indicator. The devicecontains an N-channel MOSFET that can operate over a low input voltage range of 0.65 V to 3.6 V andcan support a maximum continuous current of 3 A. A low on-resistance of 6.7-mΩ minimizes the powerloss and voltage drop across the load switch. The switch is controlled by an on and off input (ON),which is capable of interfacing directly with low-voltage control signals.
By default, the TPS22971 has a Fast Turn-ON time to minimize system startup and waittime. The Adjustable Slew Rate can also be reduced to limit inrush current. A Power Good (PG)signal internally monitors the gate threshold and indicates when the switch is fully on. When theswitch is disabled, a 150-Ω on-chip resistor quickly discharges the output to ground and keeps itfrom floating.
The TPS22971 is available in an ultra-small, space saving 8-pin WCSP package and ischaracterized for operation over the free-air temperature range of –40°C to 105°C and integratesthermal shutdown to turn off in case of overheating.