|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual-Channel High-Side MOSFET Drivers
- IN1: 3 V to 13 V; IN2: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Output dV/dt Control Limits Inrush Current
- Circuit-Breaker With Programmable Overcurrent
Threshold and Transient Timer
- Power-Good Reporting With Transient Filter
- CMOS- and TTL-Compatible Enable Input
- Low, 5-µA Standby Supply Current (Max)
- Available in 20-Pin TSSOP Package
- 40°C to 85°C Ambient Temperature Range
- Electrostatic Discharge Protection
Texas Instruments TPS2300IPW
The TPS2300 and TPS2301 are dual-channel hot-swap controllers that use external N-channel MOSFETs as high-side switches in power applications. Features of these devices, such as overcurrent protection (OCP), inrush current control, output-power status reporting, and the ability to discriminate between load transients and faults, are critical requirements for hot-swap applications.
The TPS2300/01 devices incorporate undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and power-good (PG) reporting to ensure the device is off at start-up and confirm the status of the output voltage rails during operation. Each internal charge pump, capable of driving multiple MOSFETs, provides enough gate-drive voltage to fully enhance the N-channel MOSFETs. The charge pumps control both the rise times and fall times (dv/dt) of the MOSFETs, reducing power transients during power up/down. The circuit-breaker functionality combines the ability to sense overcurrent conditions with a timer function; this allows designs such as DSPs, that may have high peak currents during power-state transitions, to disregard transients for a programmable period.