|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Replaces OR-ing Diodes
- Operating Supply Range of –12 V to –80 V
- Withstands Transients to –100 V
- Programmable Current Limit
- Programmable Linear Inrush Slew Rate
- Programmable UV/OV Thresholds
- Programmable UV and OV Hysteresis
- Fault Timer to Eliminate Nuisance Trips
- Power Good and Fault Outputs
- 14-Pin SOIC and TSSOP Package
Texas Instruments TPS2350PW
The TPS2350 is a hot swap power manager optimized for replacing OR-ing diodes in redundant power –48-V systems. The TPS2350 operates with supply voltages from –12 V to –80 V, and withstands spikes to –100 V.
The TPS2350 uses two power FETs as low voltage drop diodes to efficiently select between two redundant power supplies. This minimizes system power dissipation and also minimizes voltage drop through the power management chain.
The TPS2350 also uses a third power FET to provide load current slew rate control and peak current limiting that is programmed by one resistor and one capacitor. The device also provides a power good output to enable down-stream power converters and a fault output to indicate load problems.