|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Enhanced ESD Ride-Through Capability
- Optimized for Isolated Converters
- Complete PoE Interface
- Adapter ORing Support
- 12-V Adapter Support
- Programmable Frequency With Synchronization
- Robust 100-V, 0.7-Ω Hotswap MOSFET
- Small 14-Pin TSSOP Package
- 15-kV and 8-kV System Level ESD Capable
- 40°C to 125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Design Procedure Application Note SLVA305
- Adapter ORing Application Note SLVA306
Texas Instruments TPS23753APWR
The TPS23753A is a combined Power over Ethernet (PoE) powered device (PD) interface and current-mode DC-DC controller optimized specifically for isolated converter designs. The PoE implementation supports the IEEE 802.3at standard as a 13-W, type 1 PD. The requirements for an IEEE 802.3at type 1 device are a superset of IEEE 802.3-2008 (originally IEEE 802.3af).
The TPS23753A supports a number of input-voltage ORing options including highest voltage, external adapter preference, and PoE preference.
The PoE interface features an external detection signature pin that can also be used to disable the internal hotswap MOSFET. This allows the PoE function to be turned off. Classification can be programmed to any of the defined types with a single resistor.
The DC-DC controller features a bootstrap start-up mechanism with an internal, switched current source. This provides the advantages of cycling overload fault protection without the constant power loss of a pullup resistor.
The programmable oscillator may be synchronized to a higher-frequency external timing reference. The TPS23753A features improvements for uninterrupted device operation through an ESD event.