|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Auto-Retry After Current-Limit Fault
- TPS2375-1: IEEE 802.3af Thresholds
- TPS2377-1: Legacy Thresholds
- Fully Supports IEEE 802.3af Specification
- Integrated 0.58-Ω, 100-V, Low-Side Switch
- 15-kV System Level ESD Capable
- Programmable Inrush Current Control
- Fixed 450-mA Current Limit
- Open-Drain, Power-Good Reporting
- Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- 8-Pin SOIC and TSSOP Packages
- VoIP Phones
- WLAN Access Points
- Security Cameras
- Internet Appliances
- POS Terminals
Texas Instruments TPS2377D-1
These easy-to-use 8-pin integrated circuits contain all of the features needed to develop an IEEE 802.3af-compliant powered device (PD). The TPS2375-1 and TPS2377-1 are second generation PDCs (PD Controllers) featuring a 100-V ratings and true open-drain, power-good function. These devices are auto-retry versions of selected TPS2375 family members. Information on the TPS2375/6/7 devices can be found on the TPS2375/6/7 data sheet (SLVS525A).
In addition to the basic functions of detection, classification, and undervoltage lockout (UVLO), these controllers include an adjustable inrush limiting feature. The TPS2375-1 has 802.3af-compliant UVLO limits, and the TPS2377-1 has legacy UVLO limits.
The TPS2375 family specifications incorporate a voltage offset of 1.5 V between its limits and the IEEE 802.3af specifications to accommodate the required input diode bridges used to make the PD polarity insensitive.
Additional resources can be found on the TI Web site www.ti.com.