|Package | PIN:||PW | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Supports IEEE 802.3af Specification
- Integrated 0.58-Ω, 100-V, Low-Side Switch
- 15-kV System Level ESD Capable
- Supports Use of Low-Cost Silicon Rectifiers
- Programmable Inrush Current Control
- Fixed 450-mA Current Limit
- Fixed and Adjustable UVLO Options
- Open-Drain, Power-Good Reporting
- Overtemperature Protection
- Industrial Temperature Range: 40°C to 85°C
- 8-Pin SOIC and TSSOP Packages
- VoIP Phones
- WLAN Access Points
- Security Cameras
- Internet Appliances
- POS Terminals
Texas Instruments TPS2377PWR
These easy-to-use 8-pin integrated circuits contain all of the features needed to develop an IEEE 802.3af compliant powered device (PD). The TPS2375 family is a second generation PDC (PD Controller) featuring 100-V ratings and a true open-drain, power-good function.
In addition to the basic functions of detection, classification and undervoltage lockout (UVLO), these controllers include an adjustable inrush limiting feature. The TPS2375 has 802.3af compliant UVLO limits, the TPS2377 has legacy UVLO limits, and the TPS2376 has a programmable UVLO with a dedicated input pin.
The TPS2375 family specifications incorporate a voltage offset of 1.5 V between its limits and the IEEE 802.3af specifications to accommodate the required input diode bridges used to make the PD polarity insensitive.
Additional resources can be found on the TI Web site www.ti.com.