|Package | PIN:||PW | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- IEEE 802.3at Quad Port PSE Controller
- Auto Detect, Classification
- Auto Turn-On andDisconnect
- Efficient 255-mΩ Sense Resistor
- Pin-Out Enables Two-Layer PCB
- Kelvin Current Sensing
- 4-Point Detection
- Automatic Mode – As Shipped
- No External Terminal Setting Required
- No InitialI2C Communication Required
- Semi-Automatic Mode – Set by I2C Command
- Continuous Identification and Classification
- Meets IEEE400-ms TPON Specification
- Fast-Port ShutdownInput
- Operates best when used in conjunction with system reference codehttp://www.ti.com/product/TPS23861/toolssoftware
- Optional I2C Control and Monitoring
- –40°C to 125°C Temperature Range
- TSSOP 28 Package 9.8 mm x 6.6 mm
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS23861PWR
The TPS23861 is an easy-to-use, flexible, IEEE802.3at PSE solution. As shipped, itautomatically manages four 802.3at ports without the need for any external control.
The TPS23861 automatically detects Powered Devices (PDs) that have a valid signature,determines power requirements according to classification and applies power. Two-eventclassification is supported for type-2 PDs. The TPS23861 supports DC disconnection and the externalFET architecture allows designers to balance size, efficiency and solution costrequirements.
The unique pin-out enables 2-layer PCB designs via logical grouping and clear upper andlower differentiation of I2C and power pins. This delivers best-in-classthermal performance, Kelvin accuracy and low-build cost.
In addition to automatic operation, the TPS23861 supports Semi-Auto Mode viaI2C control for precision monitoring and intelligent power management.Compliance with the 400-ms TPON specification is ensured whether insemi-automatic or automatic mode.