|Package | PIN:||DBV | 5|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Up to 100-V Overvoltage Protection
- 6.9-V Overvoltage Shutdown Threshold
- 3-V Undervoltage Shutdown Threshold
- Overvoltage Turnoff Time Less than 1 µs
- External N-Channel MOSFET Driven by
Internal Charge Pump
- 1-mA Maximum Static Supply Current
- 5-Pin SOT23 Package
- 40°C to 85°C Ambient Temperature Range
- 2.5-kV Human-Body-Model, 500-V CDM
Electrostatic Discharge Protection
Texas Instruments TPS2400DBVT
The TPS2400 overvoltage protection controller is used with an external N-channel MOSFET to isolate sensitive electronics from destructive voltage spikes and surges. It is specifically designed to prevent large voltage transients associated with automotive environments (load dump) from damaging sensitive circuitry. When potentially damaging voltage levels are detected by the TPS2400 the supply is disconnected from the load before any damage can occur.
Internal circuitry includes a trimmed band-gap reference, oscillator, Zener diode, charge pump, comparator, and control logic. The TPS2400 device is designed for use with an external N-channel MOSFET, which are readily available in a wide variety of voltages.