|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Control External FET for N+1 and ORing
- Wide Supply Voltage Range of 3 V to 16.5 V
- Controls Buses From 0.8 V to 16.5 V
- Linear or On/Off Control Method
- Internal Charge Pump for N-Channel MOSFET
- Rapid Device Turnoff Protects Bus Integrity
- Positive Gate Control on Hot Insertion
- Soft Turn on Reduces Bus Transients
- Input Voltage Monitoring
- Shorted Gate Monitor
- MOSFET Control-State Indicator
- Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Industry-Standard 14-Pin TSSOP Package
- N+1 Power Supplies
- Server Blades
- Telecom Systems
- High Availability Systems
Texas Instruments TPS2410PW
The TPS2410/11 controller, in conjunction with an external N-channel MOSFET, emulates the function of a low forward-voltage diode. The TPS2410/11 can be used to combine multiple power supplies to a common bus in an N+1 configuration, or to combine redundant input power buses. The TPS2410 provides a linear turn-on control while the TPS2411 has an on/off control method.
Applications for the TPS2410/11 include a wide range of systems including servers and telecom. These applications often have either N+1 redundant power supplies, redundant power buses, or both. These redundant power sources must have the equivalent of a diode OR to prevent reverse current during faults and hotplug. A TPS2410/11 and N-channel MOSFET provide this function with less power loss than a schottky diode.
Accurate voltage sensing, programmable fast turn-off threshold, and input filtering allow operations to be tailored for a wide range of implementations and bus characteristics.
A number of monitoring features are provided to indicate voltage bus UV/OV, ON/OFF state, and a shorted MOSFET gate.