|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Control External FET for N+1 and ORing
- Wide Supply Voltage Range of 3 V to 16.5 V
- Controls Buses From 0.8 V to 16.5 V
- Linear or On/Off Control Method
- Internal Charge Pump for N-Channel MOSFET
- Rapid Device Turnoff Protects Bus Integrity
- Positive Gate Control on Hot Insertion
- Soft Turnon Reduces Bus Transients
- Industrial Temperature Range: 40°C to 85°C
- 8-Pin TSSOP and SOIC Packages
Texas Instruments TPS2413D
The TPS2412/13 controller, in conjunction with an external N-channel MOSFET, emulates the function of a low forward voltage diode. The TPS2412/13 can be used to combine multiple power supplies to a common bus in an N+1 configuration, or to combine redundant input power buses. The TPS2412 provides a linear turnon control while the TPS2413 has an on/off control method.
Applications for the TPS2412/13 include a wide range of systems including servers and telecom. These applications often have either N+1 redundant power supplies, redundant power buses, or both. Redundant power sources must have the equivalent of a diode OR to prevent reverse current during faults and hotplug. A TPS2412/13 and N-channel MOSFET provide this function with less power loss than a schottky diode.
Accurate voltage sensing and a programmable turnoff threshold allows operation to be tailored for a wide range of implementations and bus characteristics. The TPS2412/13 are lower pin count, reduced feature versions of the TPS2410/11.