|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Control External FET for N+1 and ORing
- Controls Buses From 3 V to 16.5 V
- External Enable
- N-Channel MOSFETControl
- Rapid Device Turnoff Protects Bus Integrity
- Programmable Turn-Off Threshold
- Soft Turn on Reduces Bus Transients
- Industrial Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
- 8-Pin TSSOP and SOIC Packages
- N+1 Power Supplies
- Server Blades
- Telecom Systems
- High Availability Power Modules
Texas Instruments TPS2419D
The TPS2419 controller, in conjunction with an external N-channel MOSFET, provides the reverse current protection of an ORing diode with the efficiency of a MOSFET. The TPS2419 can be used to combine multiple power supplies to a common bus in an N+1 configuration, or to combine redundant input power buses.
Applications for the TPS2419 include a wide range of systems including servers and telecom. These applications often have either N+1 redundant power supplies, redundant power buses, or both. Redundant power sources must have the equivalent of a diode OR to prevent reverse current during faults and hotplug.
Accurate voltage sensing and a programmable turn-off threshold allows operation to be tailored for a wide range of implementations and bus characteristics. The TPS2419 brings out an enable pin which allows the system to force the MOSFET off under light-load, high noise conditions.