|Package | PIN:||RHH | 36|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual 12 V Protection and Blocking Control
- Independent Current Limit and Fast Trip
- Blocking Permits ORing of Multiple Inputs
- Power Good and Fault Outputs
- Analog Current Monitor Outputs
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature
- QFN36 Package
Texas Instruments TPS2456RHHT
The TPS2456 is a dual, 12 V, channel protection (hotswap) and blocking (ORing) controller that provides inrush control, current limiting, overload protection, and reverse current blocking. The current sense topology provides both accurate current limits and independent setting of current limit and fast trip thresholds.
The ORing control uses an external MOSFET to block reverse current when an input is shorted. Systems with closely matched supply voltages and feed networks can supply current from both supplies simultaneously.
The MONx output provides an accurate analog indication of load current.
The protection circuits may be used without blocking, and the blocking may be used without protection. Internal connections prevent implementation of these as four fully-independent functions.