|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 2.5-V to 18-V Operation
- Accurate Current Limiting for Startup
- Programmable FET SOA Protection
- Accurate 25-mV Current-Sense Threshold
- Power-Good Output
- Fast Breaker for Short-Circuit Protection
- Programmable Fault Timer
- Programmable UV Threshold
- Drop-In Upgrade for LTC4211 – No Layout
- PG, FLT Active-High and Active-Low Versions
- MSOP-10 Package
Texas Instruments TPS24710DGSR
The TPS24710/11/12/13 is an easy-to-use, 2.5 V to 18 V, hot-swap controller that safely drives an external N-channel MOSFET. The programmable current limit and fault time protect the supply and load from excessive current at startup. After startup, currents above the user-selected limit will be allowed to flow until programmed timeout – except in extreme overload events when the load is immediately disconnected from source. The low, 25mV current sense threshold is highly accurate and allows use of smaller, more efficient sense resistors yielding lower power loss and smaller footprint.
Programmable power limiting ensures the external MOSFET operates inside its safe operating area (SOA) at all times. This allows the use of smaller MOSFETS while improving system reliability. Power good and fault outputs are provided for status monitoring and downstream load control.