|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Programmable Power Limiting and Current Limiting for Complete Safe Operating Area (SOA) Protection
- Wide Operating Range: 9 V to 80 V
- Latched Operation (TPS2490) and Automatic Retry (TPS2491)
- High-Side Drive for Low-RDS(on) External N-channel MOSFET
- Programmable Fault Timer to Protect the MOSFET and Eliminate Nuisance Shutdowns
- Power Good Open-Drain Output for Downstream DC/DC Coordination
- Enable Can Be Used as a Programmable Undervoltage Lockout or Logic Control
- Small, Space-Saving 10-pin VSSOP Package
- Calculator Tool Available (TPS2490/91 Design-in Calculator, SLVC033)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS2491DGSR
The TPS249x are easy-to-use, positive high voltage, 10-pin Hot Swap Power Manager devicesthat safely drive an external N-channel MOSFET switch. The power limit and current limit (both areadjustable and independent of each other) ensure that the external MOSFET operates inside aselected safe operating area (SOA) under the harshest operating conditions. Applications includeinrush current limiting, electronic circuit breaker protection, controlled load turn-on,interfacing to down-stream DC-to-DC converters, and power feed protection. These devices areavailable in a small, space-saving 10-pin VSSOP package and significantly reduce the number ofexternal devices, saving precious board space. The TPS249x is supported by application notes, anevaluation module, and a design tool.