|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Integrated Synchronous Boost Converter and USB Current-Limit Power Switch
- Light-Load, High-Efficiency Eco-mode™ Control Scheme (TPS2500)
or Constant Frequency (TPS2501)
- 1.8-V to 5.25-V Input Voltage (2.2-V Minimum Start-Up Voltage)
- Adjustable USB Current Limit
- 130 mA to 1400 mA (Typical)
- Accurate 20% Current Limit at 1.4-A Setting
- Powers up to Two Standard USB Ports
- Auxiliary 5.1-V Output
- Fast Overcurrent-Response Time – 5 µs Typical
- Small 3-mm × 3-mm × 0.9-mm SON-10 Package
- 15-kV / 8-kV System-Level ESD Capable
- UL Listed - File No. E169910
- Portable Applications Using Single Li+ Cell
- USB Hosts Without Native 5-V Supplies
Eco-mode, PowerPAD are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS2501DRCR
The TPS2500 and TPS2501 provide an integrated solution to meet USB 5-V power requirements from a 1.8-V to 5.25-V input supply. The features include a Hi-Speed USB compliant power output, output switch enable, current limit, and overcurrent fault reporting.
The 1.8-V to 5.25-V input can be supplied by sources including dc/dc regulated supplies (e.g., 3.3 V), or batteries such as single-cell Li+ or three-cell NiCd, NiMH, or alkaline.
The USB power-switch current limit is programmable via an external resistor from as low as 130 mA to as high as 1400 mA (typical). Two standard USB ports can be supported from a single TPS2500 or TPS2501 at the 1400-mA setting.
Additionally, the boost converter output is available as an auxiliary 5.1-V output to power additional loads. The total current supplied by the USB output and the auxiliary cannot exceed 1148 mA at VIN = 3 V.