|Package | PIN:||RGW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Integrated Synchronous Boost Converter, LDO,
and Dual USB Current-Limited Switches
- 1.8-V to 5.25-V Input Voltage
(2.2-V Minimum Start-Up Voltage)
- Adjustable Independent USB Current Limit
- 100 mA to 1100 mA
- Auxiliary 5.1-V Output
- 3.3-V Linear Regulator Output
- Inrush Current < 100 mA
- Minimal External Components Required
- Deglitched Independent Fault Reporting
- Small 5-mm × 5-mm QFN-20 Package
- Industrial Temperature Range
- Portable Applications Using Single Li+ Cell
- Bus Powered USB Hosts
- USB Hosts Without Native 5-V Supplies
- Computer Peripherals
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS2505B1RGWR
The TPS2505 device provides an integrated solution to meet USB 5-V power requirements from a 1.8-V to 5.25-V input supply. The features include a 5.1-V, 1100-mA boost converter, a 200-mA, 3.3-V LDO linear regulator and dual USB 2.0 compliant power outputs with independent output switch enable, current limit, and overcurrent fault reporting.
The 1.8-V to 5.25-V input can be supplied by sources including DC-DC regulated supplies (for example, 3.3 V), or batteries such as single cell Li+, two-cell or three-cell NiCd, NiMH or alkaline.
The output trip current for the dual USB switches can be programmed through external resistors from as low as 100 mA to as high as 1100 mA.
An auxiliary 5.1-V output is provided, where the total current supplied by the USB outputs and the auxiliary by cannot exceed 1100 mA.