|Package | PIN:||DBV | 5|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Single Power Switch
- Pin for Pin with Existing TI Switch Portfolio™
- Rated Currents of 0.5 A
- ±25% Accurate, Fixed, Constant Current Limit
- Fast Over-Current Response – 2 µs
- Operating Range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Deglitched Fault Reporting
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Built-in Softstart
- Ambient Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
Texas Instruments TPS2530DBVT
The TPS2530 power-distribution switch is intended for applications such as DisplayPort or USB Port where heavy capacitive loads and short-circuits are likely to be encountered. It offers 0.5 A fixed current-limit thresholds.
The TPS2530 limits the output current to a safe level by operating in a constant-current mode when the output load exceeds the current-limit threshold. This provides a predictable fault current under all conditions. The fast overload response time eases the burden on the main supply to provide regulated power when the output is shorted. The power-switch rise and fall times are controlled to minimize current surges during turn-on and turn-off.