|Package | PIN:||RVC | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C AmbientOperating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD ClassificationLevel H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification LevelC5
- 4.5-V to 6.5-V Input Operating Range
- 3.5-V (typ) UVLO to Support Start-Stop
- Integrated 45-mΩ (typ.) High-Side MOSFET
- 3.2-A Maximum Continuous Output Current
- VBUS ±5% Cable Compensation Accuracy at Connector
- Supports USB BC 1.2 CDP and SDP Modes
- Short-to-Battery Protection on OUT, DP_IN, and DM_IN Pins
- DP_IN and DM_IN IEC 61000-4-2 Rated
- ±8-kV Contact and ±15-kV Air Discharge
- 20-Pin QFN (3-mm × 4-mm) Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS254900AIRVCRQ1
The TPS254900A-Q1 device is a USB charging-port controller and power switch withshort-to-battery protection. This feature provides protection on OUT, DM_IN and DP_IN. These threepins withstand voltage up to 18 V.
The internal MOSFET turns off quickly when the short-to-battery condition occurs. Rapidturnoff is very important to protect the upstream DC-DC converter, processor, or hub datalines.
The TPS254900A-Q1 has a low UVLO of 3.5 V, so that the power switch does not turn offduring start-stop.
The TPS254900A-Q1 45-mΩ power switch has two selectable, adjustable current limits thatsupport port power management by changing to a lower current limit when adjacent ports areexperiencing heavy loads. This is important in systems with multiple ports and upstream powersupplies with limited capacity.
The TPS254900A-Q1 device has a current-sense output that is able to control an upstreamsupply, which allows it to maintain 5 V at the USB port even with heavy charging currents. Thisfeature is important in systems with long USB cables where significant voltage drops can occur withfast-charging portable devices.
A current monitor allows a system to monitor the load current in real time by monitoringthe IMON voltage. The current monitor is very useful and can be used for dynamic port-powermanagement.
The TPS254900A-Q1 device also provides ESD protection capability per IEC 61000-4-2, level4 on DP_IN and DM_IN.