|Package | PIN:||DRB | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Meets USB Current-Limiting Requirements
- Adjustable Current Limit, 500 mA to 5 A (Typical)
- ±6.5% Current-Limit Accuracy at 4.5 A
- Fast Overcurrent Response: 3.5-µs (Typical)
- 22-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
- Operating Voltage: 2.5 V to 6.5 V
- 2-µA Maximum Standby Supply Current
- Built-in Soft Start
- 15-kV and 8-kV System-Level ESD Capable
- UL Listed: File No. E169910 and CB IEC60950-1-am2 ed2.0
Texas Instruments TPS2556DRBT
The TPS255x power-distribution switch is intended for applications where precision current limiting is required or heavy capacitive loads and short circuits are encountered. These devices offer a programmable current-limit threshold between 500 mA and 5 A (typical) through an external resistor. The power-switch rise and fall times are controlled to minimize current surges during turnon and turnoff.
TPS255x devices limit the output current to a safe level by switching into a constant-current mode when the output load exceeds the current-limit threshold. The FAULT logic output asserts low during overcurrent and overtemperature conditions.