|Package | PIN:||DSS | 12|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- USB Type-CTM Rel. 1.3 Compliant Source Controller
- STD/1.5-A Current Capability Advertisement on CC Lines
- Connector Attach/Detach Detection
- Super Speed Polarity Determination
- VBUS and VCONN (TPS25820) Application and Discharge with Internal Fixed Current Limit
- 1.0-µA (typ) Operating Current with Nothing Attached to the Type-C Connector
- 64-mΩ (typ) High-Side OUT MOSFET
- Meets USB Current-Limiting Requirements
- 1.7-A OUT Current Limit with ±7% Accuracy
- Fast Overcurrent Response – 1.5 µs(Typical)
- CC1 and CC2 ±8-kV Contact and ±15-kV Air Discharge ESD Rating (IEC-61000-4-2)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS25821DSSR
The TPS25820/21 is a USB Type-C source controller with an integrated 1.5 A-rated USBpower switch. The TPS25820/21 monitors the Type-C configuration channel (CC) lines to determinewhen a USB sink is attached. If a sink is attached, the TPS25820/21 applies power toVBUS and communicates the selectable VBUS currentsourcing capability to the sink via the pass through CC line. If the sink is attached with anelectronically marked cable, the TPS25820 also applies VCONN power to thecable VCONN pin. The TPS25821 does not apply VCONNpower and is for functions where VCONN is not needed such as USB 2.0 anddata-less charging implementations.
The TPS25820/21 draws 1.0 µA (typ) when nothing is attached. TheFAULT output signals when the switch is in an overcurrent or overtemperaturecondition. The SINK output signals when a sink is attached and thePOL output signals the polarity of the cable super-speed lines.