|Package | PIN:||DRB | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Drives Two N-Channel MOSFETs With 14-ns Adaptive Dead Time
- Wide Gate Drive Voltage: 4.5 V Up to 8.8 V With Best Efficiency at 7 V to 8 V
- Wide Power System Train Input Voltage: 3 V Up to 27 V
- Wide Input PWM Signals: 2 V Up to 13.2-V Amplitude
- Capable of Driving MOSFETs With ≥40-A Current per Phase
- High Frequency Operation: 14-ns Propagation Delay and 10-ns Rise or Fall Time Allows FSW up to 2 MHz
- Capable of Propagating <30-ns Input PWM Pulses
- Low-Side Driver Sink On-Resistance (0.4 Ω) Prevents dV/dT Related Shoot-Through Current
- 3-State PWM Input for Power Stage Shutdown
- Space Saving Enable (input) and Power Good (output) Signals on Same Pin
- Thermal Shutdown
- UVLO Protection
- Internal Bootstrap Diode
- Economical SOIC-8 and Thermally Enhanced 3-mm × 3-mm VSON-8 Packages
- High Performance Replacement for Popular 3-State Input Drivers
Texas Instruments TPS28225TDRBRQ1
The TPS28225-Q1 is a high-speed driver for N-channel complementary driven power MOSFETs with adaptive dead-time control. This driver is optimized for use in variety of high-current, single and multi-phase DC-to-DC converters. The TPS28225-Q1 is highly efficient, has a small solution size and low-EMI emissions.
The TPS28225-Q1 device offers high performance features such as a 8.8-V gate drive voltage, 14-ns adaptive dead-time control, 14-ns propagation delays and high-current 2-A source and 4-A sink drive capabilities. The 0.4-Ω impedance for the lower gate driver holds the gate of power MOSFET below its threshold and ensures no shoot-through current at high dV/dt phase node transitions. The bootstrap capacitor is charged by an internal diode which allows the use of an N-channel MOSFETs in a half-bridge configuration.
The TPS28225-Q1 is offered in an economical SOIC-8 package and in a thermally enhanced small sized VSON package. The driver is specified to operate in the temperature range of –40°C to 105°C with the absolute maximum junction temperature of 150°C.