|Package | PIN:||D | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Floating Bootstrap or Ground-Reference High-Side Driver
- Adaptive Dead-Time Control
- 50-ns Max Rise/Fall Times and 100-ns Max Propagation Delay \x96 3.3-nF Load
- Ideal for High-Current Single or Multiphase Power Supplies
- 2.4-A Typical Peak Output Current
- 4.5-V to 15-V Supply Voltage Range
- Internal Schottky Bootstrap Diode
- SYNC Control for Synchronous or Nonsynchronous Operation
- CROWBAR for OVP, Protects Against Faulted High-Side Power FETs
- Low Supply Current....3-mA Typical
- \x9640°C to 125°C Operating Virtual Junction Temperature Range
- Available in SOIC and TSSOP PowerPAD Packages
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments TPS2830D
The TPS2830 and TPS2831 are MOSFET drivers for synchronous-buck power stages. These devices are ideal for designing a high-performance power supply using switching controllers that do not have MOSFET drivers. The drivers are designed to deliver 2.4-A peak currents into large capacitive loads. The high-side driver can be configured as a ground-reference driver or as a floating bootstrap driver. An adaptive dead-time control circuit eliminates shoot-through currents through the main power FETs during switching transitions, providing higher efficiency for the buck regulator. The TPS2830/31 drivers have additional control functions: ENABLE, SYNC, and CROWBAR. Both drivers are off when ENABLE is low. The driver is configured as a nonsynchronous-buck driver, disabling the low side driver when SYNC is low. The CROWBAR function turns on the low-side power FET, overriding the IN signal, for over-voltage protection against faulted high-side power FETs.
The TPS2830 has a noninverting input. The TPS2831 has an inverting input. The TPS2830/31 drivers are available in 14-terminal SOIC and thermally-enhanced TSSOP PowerPADE packages, and operate over a virtual junction temperature range of \x9640°C to 125°C.