|Package | PIN:||PWP | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Floating Bootstrap or Ground-Reference High-Side Driver
- Adaptive Dead-Time Control
- 50-ns Max Rise/Fall Times With 3.3-nF Load
- 2.4-A Typical Output Current
- 4.5-V to 15-V Supply Voltage Range
- TTL-Compatible Inputs
- Internal Schottky Bootstrap Diode
- SYNC Control for Synchronous or Nonsynchronous Operation
- CROWBAR for OVP, Protects Against Faulted High-Side Power FETs
- Low Supply Current....3 mA Typical
- Ideal for High-Current Single or Multiphase Power Supplies
- 40°C to 125°C Operating Virtual Junction Temperature Range
- Available in SOIC and TSSOP PowerPAD Packages
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments TPS2835PWP
The TPS2834 and TPS2835 are MOSFET drivers for synchronous-buck power stages. These devices are ideal for designing a high-performance power supply using switching controllers that do not include on-chip MOSFET drivers. The drivers are designed to deliver minimum 2-A peak currents into large capacitive loads. The high-side driver can be configured as ground-reference or as floating-bootstrap. An adaptive dead-time control circuit eliminates shoot-through currents through the main power FETs during switching transitions, and provides high efficiency for the buck regulator. The TPS2834 and TPS2835 have additional control functions: ENABLE, SYNC, and CROWBAR. Both high-side and low-side drivers are off when ENABLE is low. The driver is configured as a nonsynchronous-buck driver disabling the low-side driver when SYNC is low. The CROWBAR function turns on the low-side power FET, overriding the IN signal, for overvoltage protection against faulted high-side power FETs.
The TPS2834 has a noninverting input, while the TPS2835 has an inverting input. These drivers are available n 14-terminal SOIC and thermally enhanced TSSOP PowerPAD packages and operate over a junction temperature range of 40°C to 125°C.