|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Floating Bootstrap or Ground-Reference High-Side Driver
- Adaptive Dead-Time Control
- 50-ns Max Rise/Fall Times With 3.3-nF Load
- 2.4-A Typical Output Current
- 4.5-V to 15-V Supply Voltage Range
- TTL-Compatible Inputs
- Internal Schottky Bootstrap Diode
- Low Supply Current....3 mA Typical
- Ideal for High-Current Single or Multiphase Power Supplies
- 40°C to 125°C Operating Virtual Junction-Temperature Range
Texas Instruments TPS2836D
The TPS2836 and TPS2837 are MOSFET drivers for synchronous-buck power stages. These devices are ideal for designing a high-performance power supply using switching controllers that do not have MOSFET drivers. The drivers are designed to deliver minimum 2-A peak currents into large capacitive loads. The high-side driver can be configured as ground-reference or as floating-bootstrap. An adaptive dead-time control circuit eliminates shoot-through currents through the main power FETs during switching transitions and provides high efficiency for the buck regulator.
The TPS2836 has a noninverting input, while the TPS2837 has an inverting input. These drivers, available in 8-terminal SOIC packages, operate over a junction temperature range of 40°C to 125°C.