|Package | PIN:||D | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Over-Voltage Protection and
Lockout: 12V, 5V, and 3.3VSupplies
- Over-Current Protection and Lockout: 12V, 5V, and 3.3V Supplies
- Under-Voltage Protection and Lockout: 12V Supplies
- Under-Voltage Detect: 5V and 3.3V Supplies
- Fault-Protection Output with Open-Drain Output Stage
- Open-Drain, Power-Good Output Signal: Monitors Power-Good Signal Input 3.3V and 5V Supplies
- 300ms Power-Good Delay
- 75ms Delay: 5V, 3.3V Power-Supply Short-Circuit Turn-On Protection
- 2.3ms PSON Control To FPO Turn-Off Delay
- 38ms PSON Control Debounce
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 4.5V to 15V
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS3514D
The TPS3514 is a PC switching power-supplysystem monitor with minimum external components. It provides under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-voltage (OV), under-voltage (UV), over-current (OC) protection circuits, power-good indicator, and on/off control.
UVLO thresholds are 4.45V (on) and 3.65V (off). Over-current protection (OCP) and over-voltage protection (OVP) monitor 3.3V, 5V, and 12V supplies. When an OC or OV condition is detected, the power-good output (PGO) is asserted low and the fault protection output (FPO) is latched high. PSON from low-to-high resets the latch. The OCP function will be enabled 75ms after PSON goes LOW with PGI HIGH and a debounce of typically 38ms. A built-in 2.3ms delay with 38ms debounce from PSON to FPO output is enabled at turn-off.
An external resistor is connected between the RI pin and the GND pin. This will program a precise I(REF) for OCP function. The programmable I(REF) range is from 12.5µA to 62.5µA. Three OCP comparators and the I(REF) section are supplied by VS12. The current draw from the VS12 pin is less than 1mA.
The power-good feature monitors PGI, the 3.3V and 5V supplies, and issues a power-good signal when the output is ready.
The TPS3514 is characterized for operation from -40°C to +85°C. The TPS3514 is available in DIP-14 and SO-14 packages.