|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Operating Input Voltage 8 V to 40 V
- Input Voltage Feed-Forward Compensation
- < 1 % Internal 0.7-V Reference
- Programmable Fixed-Frequency Up to 1 MHz Voltage Mode Controller
- Internal Gate Drive Outputs for High-Side and Synchronous N-Channel MOSFETs
- 16-Pin PowerPAD. Package (λJC = 2°C/W)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Externally Synchronizable
- Programmable High-Side Current Limit
- Programmable Closed-Loop Soft-Start
- TPS40050 Source Only
- TPS40051 Source/Sink
- TPS40053 Source/Sink With VOUT Prebias
- Power Modules
PowerPAD is trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS40050QPWPRQ1
The TPS4005x is a family of high-voltage, wide input (8 V to 40 V), synchronous, step-down converters. The TPS4005x family offers design flexibility with a variety of user programmable functions, including soft-start, UVLO, operating frequency, voltage feedforward, high-side current limit, and loop compensation.
The TPS4005x are also synchronizable to an external supply. They incorporate MOSFET gate drivers for external N-channel high-side and synchronous rectifier (SR) MOSFETs. Gate drive logic incorporates anti-cross conduction circuitry to prevent simultaneous high-side and synchronous rectifier conduction.
The TPS4005x uses voltage feed-forward control techniques to provide good line regulation over the wide (4:1) input voltage range, and fast response to input line transients with near constant gain with input variation which eases loop compensation.
The externally programmable current limit provides pulse-by-pulse current limit, as well as hiccup mode operation utilizing an internal fault counter for longer duration overloads.