|Package | PIN:||RHL | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operation Over 4.5-V to 28-V Input Range
- Fixed-Frequency Voltage-Mode Controller
- Integrated Unity Gain Amplifierfor Remote Output Sensing
- Predictive Gate Drive™ Generation II for Improved Efficiency
- <1% Internal 700-mV Reference
- Input Voltage Feed Forward Control
- Prebiased Output Compatible
- Internal Gate Drive Outputs for High-Side and Synchronous N-Channel MOSFETs
- Switching Frequency Programmable to 1 MHz
- 20-Pin QFN Package
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Software Design Tool and EVM Available
- Power Modules
Predictive Gate Drive is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS40075RHLT
The TPS40075 is a mid voltage, wide input (4.5-V to 28-V),synchronous, step-down controller, offering design flexibility for a variety of user programmable functions, including; soft start, UVLO, operating frequency, voltage feed-forward and high-side FET sensed short circuit protection.
The TPS40075 drives external N-channel MOSFETs using second generation Predictive Gate Drive to minimize conduction in the body diode of the low side FET and maximize efficiency. Pre-biased outputs are supported by not allowing the low side FET to turn on until the voltage commanded by the closed loop soft start is greater than the pre-bias voltage. Voltage feed forward provides good response to input transients and provides a constant PWM gain over a wide input voltage operating range to ease compensation requirements. Programmable short circuit protection provides fault current limiting and hiccup recovery to minimize power dissipation with a shorted output. The 20-pin QFN package gives good thermal performance and a compact footprint.