|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operation Over 4.5-V to 28-V Input Range
- Programmable, Fixed-Frequency, up to 1-MHz, Voltage-Mode Controller
- Predictive Gate Drive™ Anti-Cross-Conduction Circuitry
- <1% Internal 700-mV Reference
- Internal Gate Drive Outputs for High-Side and Synchronous N-Channel MOSFETs
- 16-Pin PowerPAD™ Package
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Pre-Bias Compatible
- Power-Stage Shutdown Capability
- Programmable High-Side Sense Short-Circuit Protection
- Power Modules
- PCI Express
Predictive Gate Drive, PowerPAD are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS40077PWP
The TPS40077 is a midvoltage, wide-input (4.5-V to 28-V), synchronous, step-down controller, offering design flexibility for a variety of user-programmable functions, including soft start, UVLO, operating frequency, voltage feed-forward, and high-side, FET-sensed, short-circuit protection.
The TPS40077 drives external N-channel MOSFETs using second-generation, predictive-gate drive to minimize conduction in the body diode of the low-side FET and maximize efficiency. Pre-biased outputs are supported by not allowing the low-side FET to turn on until the voltage commanded by the closed-loop soft start is greater than the pre-bias voltage. Voltage feed-forward provides good response to input transients and provides a constant PWM gain over a wide input-voltage operating range to ease compensation requirements. Programmable short-circuit protection provides fault-current limiting and hiccup recovery to minimize power dissipation with a shorted output. The 16-pin PowerPAD package gives good thermal performance and a compact footprint.