|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RGY) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.5 V to 60 V
- 600 mV Reference Voltage with 1% Accuracy
- Programmable UVLO and Hysteresis
- Voltage Mode Control With Voltage Feed Forward
- Programmable Frequency Between 100 kHz and 600 kHz
- Bi-directional -Frequency Synchronization With Master/Slave Option
- Low-side FET Sensing Overcurrent Protection and High-Side FET Sensing Short-Circuit Protection With Integrated Thermal Compensation
- Programmable Closed Loop Soft-Start
- Supports Pre-Biased Outputs
- Thermal Shutdown at 165°C with Hysteresis
- Voltage Tracking
- ENABLE with 1-µA Low Current Shutdown
- 8.0-V and 3.3-V LDO Output
- Integrated Bootstrap Diode
- 20-Pin 3.5 mm × 4.5 mm VQFN (RGY) Package
- Create a Custom Design with WEBENCH Tools
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS40170RGYT
TPS40170 is a full-featured, synchronous PWM buck controller that operates at an inputvoltage between 4.5 V and 60 V and is optimized for high-power density,high-reliability DC-DC converter applications. The controller implements voltage-mode control withinput voltage feed-forward compensation that enables instant response to input voltage change. Theswitching frequency is programmable from 100 kHz to 600 kHz.
The TPS40170 has a complete set of system protection and monitoring features such asprogrammable undervoltage lockout (UVLO), programmable overcurrent protection (OCP) by sensing thelow-side FET, selectable short-circuit protection (SCP) by sensing the high-side FET and thermalshutdown. The ENABLE pin allows for system shutdown in a low-current (1 µA typical) mode. Thecontroller supports pre-biased output, provides an open-drain PGOOD signal, and has closed-loopsoft-start, output voltage tracking and adaptive dead-time control.