|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Stackable to 8 Phases, Multiple Controllers Can Occupy Any Phase
- 2-V to 40-V Power Stage Operation Range
- eTrim™ in System Reference Voltage Trim to Tighten Overall Output Voltage Tolerance, Reference is Better Than 0.75% Untrimmed
- VDD From 4.5 V to 15 V, With Internal 5-V Regulator
- Supports Output Voltage From 0.7 V to 5.8 V
- Supports Prebiased Outputs
- 10-µA Shutdown Current
- Programmable Switching Frequency up to 1-MHz per Phase
- Current Feedback Control With Forced Current Sharing (Patents Pending)
- Resistive Divider Sets Input Undervoltage Lockout and Hysteresis
- True Remote Sensing Differential Amplifier
- Resistive or Inductors DCR Current Sensing
Texas Instruments TPS40180RGET
The TPS40180 is a stackable single-phase synchronous buck controller. Stacking allows a modular power supply design where multiple modules can be connected in parallel to achieve higher power capability. Stacked modules can be configured at the same switching frequency with interleaved phase shift to reduce input and output ripple current. Stacked modules can also be configured to generate separate output rails at the same time as different phase shift to reduce input ripple current.
The TPS40180 is optimized for low-output voltage (from 0.7-V to 5.8-V), high-output current applications powered from a 2-V to 40-V supply.
With eTrim™, the TPS40180 gives the user the capability to trim the reference voltage on the device to compensate for external component tolerances, tightening the overall system accuracy and allowing tighter specifications for output voltage of the converter.