|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||S (-20 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range From 3 V to 20 V
- 600-kHz Switching Frequency
- High- and Low-Side FET RDS(on) Current Sensing
- Programmable Thermally Compensated OCP Levels
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 600-mV, 1.3% Reference Voltage
- Voltage Feed-Forward Compensation
- Supports Prebiased Output
- Frequency Spread Spectrum
- Thermal Shutdown Protection at 145°C
- 10-Pin 3-mm × 3-mm VSON Package With Ground Connection to Thermal Pad
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS40345DRCT
The TPS40345 is a synchronous buck controller that operates from 3-V to 20-V input andwhich can be used in cost-optimized applications. The controller implements a voltage-mode controlarchitecture with input-voltage feed-forward compensation that responds instantly to a change ininput voltage. The switching frequency is fixed at 600 kHz.
The frequency spread spectrum (FSS) feature adds to the switching frequency,significantly reducing the peak EMI noise and making it much easier to comply with EMIstandards.
The TPS40345 offers design with a variety of user-programmable functions, includingsoft-start, overcurrent protection (OCP) levels, and loop compensation.
OCP level may be programmed by a single external resistor connected from the LDRV pin tocircuit ground. During initial power on, the TPS40345 enters a calibration cycle, measures thevoltage at the LDRV pin, and sets an internal OCP voltage level. During operation, the programmedOCP voltage level is compared to the voltage drop across the low-side FET when it is on todetermine whether there is an overcurrent condition. The TPS40345 then enters a shutdown andrestart cycle until the fault is removed.