|Package | PIN:||RHA | 40|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Smart Power Mode in Factory Default (Compatible with TI Smart Power Stage CSD95378B and Pin-for-Pin Equivalent to TPS40425 – Non-Smart Power Mode in Factory Default)
- Single Supply Operation: 4.5 V to 20 V
- VOUT from 0.6 V
- Dual or Multi-Phase Synchronous Buck Controller
- Individual High-Speed AVS Interface
- Fast Transient Response
- Stackable up to Four Phases
- 2-, 3-, or 4-Phase Interleaved Phase Shifts
- Accurate Current Sharing
- PMBus Interface Capability
- Margining Up/Down with 2-mV Step
- Programmable Fault Limit and Response
- ±0.8% VOUT
- Accuracy Current Monitoring
- ±3°C External Temperature Monitoring In Smart Power Mode
- Programmable UVLO ON/OFF Thresholds
- Programmable Soft-Start Time, Turn-On Delay, and Turn-Off Delay
- On-Chip Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) to Store Custom Configurations
- 0.6-V Reference Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy from –40°C to 125°C
- Programmable ƒSW from 200 kHz to 1.5 MHz
- Supports Pre-biased Output
- Differential Remote Sensing
- Synchronization to an Extermal Clock
- OC/OV/UV/OT Fault Protection
- 40-Pin, 6 mm × 6 mm, QFN Package
Texas Instruments TPS40428RHAR
The TPS40428 device is a PMBus, synchronous buck, driverless controller. It operates in smart power mode with factory default settings, and it can operate in non-smart power mode after PMBus programing and power reboot. It can be configured for dual-output or 2-phase operation. It is also stackable up to 4 phases to support load current as high as 120 A. Interleaved phase shift for 2-. 3-, or 4-phases reduce the input and output ripples therefore reducing input and output capacitance.
The wide input voltage range can support 5-V and 12-V intermediate supply buses. The 0.5% reference voltage satisfies the need of precision voltage to the modern ASICs.
Using the PMBus standard, the TPS40428 device can program reference voltage, fault limit, UVLO threshold, soft-start time and turn-on and turn-off delay.
In addition, the device implements an accurate measurement system to monitor the output voltages, currents and temperatures for individual channels.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.