|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Low Voltage Operation...2.5 V to 7 V
- Low Power...3. 5 mA
(f = 500 kHz, Duty = 50%)
- Internal Undervoltage Lockout Protection
- Internal Short Circuit Protection
- Wide Operating Frequency...50 kHz to
- Internal Precision Reference...1.25 V ±1% (25°C)
- On/Off Switch for CH1/3 Pair and Ch2 (see Function Table)
- 0 to 100% Dead Time Control
- Totem Pole Output Stage
- Smal l Package...16 Pin TSSOP
Texas Instruments TPS5100IPW
The TPS5100 is a triple PWM control circuit, primarily designed to compose the power supply for LCD display. Each PWM channel has own error amplifier, PWM comparator, dead-time control and output driver. The trimmed voltage reference, oscillator, undervoltage lockout and short circuit protection are common for all channels.
This device includes two boost exclusive circuits (ch1,3) and a buck-boost exclusive circuit (ch2). The operating frequency is set with external resister and capacitor, and dead time is continuously adjustable form 0% to 100% duty cycle with resistive divider network. Soft start function can be implemented by adding a capacitor to dead time divider network. Two dead time control inputs are assigned for ch1,3 pair and ch2 individually and each dead time control input can be used to control on/off operation. TPS5100 can operate from 2.5 V supply voltage and ch1,3 pair and ch2 operate with reverse phase switching each other to achieve efficient operation in low power and battery powered system.
The TPS5100 is characterized for operation from -20°C to 85°C.