|Package | PIN:||RUK | 20|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Synchronous Buck Controller (VDDQ)
- Conversion Voltage Range: 3 to 28 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.7 to 1.8 V
- 0.8% VREF Accuracy
- D-CAP Mode for Fast Transient Response
- Selectable 300-kHz/400-kHz Switching Frequencies
- Optimized Efficiency at Light and Heavy Loads With Auto-Skip Function
- Supports Soft-Off in S4/S5 States
- OCL/OVP/UVP/UVLO Protections
- Powergood Output
- 2-A LDO (VTT), Buffered Reference (VTTREF)
- 2-A (Peak) Sink and Source Current
- Requires Only 10-µF of Ceramic Output Capacitance
- Buffered, Low Noise, 10-mA VTTREF Output
- 0.8% VTTREF, 20-mV VTT Accuracy
- Support High-Z in S3 and Soft-Off in S4/S5
- Thermal Shutdown
- 20-Pin, 3 mm × 3 mm, WQFN Package
- Supports Defense, Aerospace, and Medical Applications
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly/Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Available in Military (-55°C to 125°C) Temperature Range(1)
- Extended Product Life Cycle
- Extended Product-Change Notification
- Product Traceability
Texas Instruments TPS51216MRUKREP
The TPS51216-EP provides a complete power supply for DDR2, DDR3 and DDR3L memory systems in the lowest total cost and minimum space. It integrates a synchronous buck regulator controller (VDDQ) with a 2-A sink/source tracking LDO (VTT) and buffered low noise reference (VTTREF). The TPS51216-EP employs D-CAP mode coupled with 300 kHz/400 kHz frequencies for ease-of-use and fast transient response. The VTTREF tracks VDDQ/2 within excellent 0.8% accuracy. The VTT, which provides 2-A sink/source peak current capabilities, requires only 10-µF of ceramic capacitance. In addition, a dedicated LDO supply input is available.
The TPS51216-EP provides rich useful functions as well as excellent power supply performance. It supports flexible power state control, placing VTT at high-Z in S3 and discharging VDDQ, VTT, and VTTREF (soft-off) in S4/S5 state.
Programmable OCL with low-side MOSFET RDS(on) sensing, OVP/UVP/UVLO and thermal shutdown protections are also available.
The TPS51216-EP is available in a 20-pin, 3 mm × 3 mm, WQFN package and is specified for junction temperature from -55°C to 125°C.