|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Differential Voltage Feedback
- DC Compensation for Accurate Regulation
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3 V to 28 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5 V to 2.0 V with
Fixed Options of 1.05 V and 1.00 V
- Wide Output Load Range: 0 A to 20 A+
- Adaptive On-Time Modulation with Selectable Control Architecture and Frequency
- D-CAP Mode at 300 kHz/400 kHz for Fast Transient Response
- D-CAP2 Mode at 500 kHz/670 kHz for Ceramic Output Capacitor
- 4700 ppm/°C, Low-Side RDS(on) Current Sensing
- RSENSE Accurate Current Sense Option
- Internal, 1-ms Voltage Servo Softstart
- Built-In Output Discharge
- Power Good Output
- Integrated Boost Switch
- Built-In OVP/UVP/OCP
- Thermal Shutdown (Non-latched)
- 3 mm × 3 mm, 16-Pin, QFN (RTE) Package
Texas Instruments TPS51219RTET
The TPS51219 is a small-sized single buck controller with adaptive on-time control. It provides a choice of control modes (D-CAP™ or D-CAP2™) to meet a wide range of system requirements. It is designed for tight DC regulation requirements such as the VCCIO application for Intel notebooks. The performance and flexibility of the TPS51219 makes it suitable for low output voltage, high current, PC system power rails and similar point-of-load (POL) power supplies. Differential voltage feedback and the voltage compensation function combine to provide high precision power to load devices.
A small package, fixed voltage options and minimal external component count saves cost and space, while a dedicated EN pin and pre-set frequency selections minimize design effort. The skip-mode at light load condition, strong gate drivers, and low-side FET RDS(on) current sensing provides high efficiency operation over a broad load range. The external resistor current sense option enables accurate current sensing. The conversion input voltage (the high-side FET drain voltage) ranges from 3 V to 28 V and output voltage ranges from 0.5 V to 2.0 V. The device requires an external 5-V supply.
The TPS51219 is available in a 16-pin, QFN package and is specified for ambient temperature from -40°C to 85°C.