|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fixed-Frequency Emulated On-Time Control; Frequency Selectable from Three Options
- D-CAP™ Mode Enables Fast Transient Response Less than 100 ns
- Advanced Ramp Compensation Allows Low Output Ripple with Minimal Jitter
- Selectable PWM-Only/OOA™/Auto-Skip Modes
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 5.5 V to 28 V
- Dual Fixed or Adjustable SMPS:
- 0.7 V to 5.9 V (Channel1)
- 0.5 V to 2.5 V (Channel2)
- Fixed 3.3-V/5-V, or Adjustable Output 0.7-V to 4.5-V LDO; Capable of Sourcing 100 mA
- Fixed 3.3-VREF Output Capable of Sourcing 10 mA
- Temperature Compensated Low-Side RDS(on) Current Sensing
- Adaptive Gate Drivers with Integrated Boost Switch
- Bootstrap Charge Auto Refresh
- Integrated Soft Start, Tracking Soft Stop
- Independent PGOOD and EN for Each Channel
- OOB Function Disabled. Refer to TPS51427 for OOB-Enabled Device
- Notebook I/O and System Bus Rails
- Graphics Application
- PDAs and Mobile Communication Devices
D-CAP, OOA are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS51427ARHBT
The TPS51427A is a dual synchronous step-down controller designed for notebook and mobile communications applications. This device is part of a low-cost suite of notebook power bus regulators that enables system designs with low external component counts. The TPS51427A includes two pulse-width-modulation (PWM) controllers, SMPS1 and SMPS2. The output of SMPS1 can be adjusted from 0.7 V to 5.9 V, while the output of SMPS2 can be adjusted from 0.5 V to 2.5 V. This device also features a low-dropout (LDO) regulator that provides a 5-V/3.3-V output, or adjustable from 0.7-V to 4.5-V output via LDOREFIN. The fixed-frequency emulated adaptive on-time control supports seamless operation between PWM mode under heavy load conditions and reduced frequency operation at light loads for high-efficiency down to the milliampere range. An integrated boost switch enhances the high-side MOSFET to further improve efficiency. The main control loop is the D-CAP mode that is optimized for low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors such as POSCAP or SP-CAP. Advanced ramp compensation minimizes jitter without degrading line and load regulation. RDS(on) current sensing methods offers maximum cost saving.
The TPS51427A supports supply input voltages that range from 5.5 V to 28 V. It is available in the 32-pin, 5-mm × 5-mm QFN package (Green, RoHs- compliant, and Pb-free). The device is specified from -40°C to +85°C.