|Package | PIN:||RUK | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Synchronous Buck Controller (VDDQ)
- Conversion Voltage Range: 3 to 28 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.7 to 1.8 V
- 0.8% VREF Accuracy
- D-CAP2™ Mode for Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Selectable 500-kHz/670-kHz Switching Frequencies
- Optimized Efficiency at Light and Heavy Loads With Auto-Skip Function
- Supports Soft-Off in S4/S5 States
- OCL/OVP/UVP/UVLO Protections
- Powergood Output
- 2-A LDO (VTT), Buffered Reference (VTTREF)
- 2-A (Peak) Sink and Source Current
- Requires Only 10-µF of Ceramic Output Capacitance
- Buffered, Low Noise, 10-mA VTTREF Output
- 0.8% VTTREF, 20-mV VTT Accuracy
- Support High-Z in S3 and Soft-Off in S4/S5
- Thermal Shutdown
- 20-Pin, 3 mm × 3 mm, WQFN Package
Texas Instruments TPS51716RUKT
The TPS51716 provides a complete power supply for DDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR3, and DDR4 memory systems in the lowest total cost and minimum space. It integrates a synchronous buck regulator controller (VDDQ) with a 2-A sink/source tracking LDO (VTT) and buffered low noise reference (VTTREF). The TPS51716 employs D-CAP2 mode coupled with 500 kHz or 670 kHz operating frequencies that supports ceramic output capacitors without an external compensation circuit. The VTTREF tracks VDDQ/2 with excellent 0.8% accuracy. The VTT, which provides 2-A sink/source peak current capabilities, requires only 10 µF of ceramic capacitance. In addition, the device features a dedicated LDO supply input.
The TPS51716 provides rich, useful functions as well as excellent power supply performance. It supports flexible power state control, placing VTT at high-Z in S3 and discharging VDDQ, VTT and VTTREF (soft-off) in S4/S5 state. It includes programmable OCL with low-side MOSFET RDS(on) sensing, OVP/UVP/UVLO and thermal shutdown protections.
TI offers the TPS51716 in a 20-pin, 3 mm × 3 mm, WQFN package and specifies it for an ambient temperature range between –40°C and 85°C.