|Package | PIN:||RUK | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Synchronous Buck Controller (VDDQ)
- Conversion Voltage Range: 3 V to 28 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.7 V to 1.8 V
- 0.8%VREF Accuracy
- Selectable ControlArchitecture
- D-CAP™ Mode for Fast Transient Response
- D-CAP2™ Mode for Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Selectable 300 kHz,400 kHz, 500 kHz, or 670 kHz SwitchingFrequencies
- Optimized Efficiency at Light and Heavy Loads with Auto-skipFunction
- Supports Soft-Off in S4 and S5 States
- Powergood Output
- 2-A LDO(VTT), Buffered Reference(VTTREF)
- 2-A (Peak) Sink and Source Current
- Buffered, Low Noise, 10-mA VTTREF Output
- 0.8%VTTREF, 20-mV VTT Accuracy
- Supports High-Z (S3) and Soft-Off (S4,S5)
- Thermal Shutdown
- 20-Pin, 3 mm × 3 mm, QFN Package
- Create a WEBENCH Design
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS51916RUKR
The TPS51916 device provides a complete power supply for DDR2, DDR3,DDR3L, and DDR4 memory systems in the lowest total cost and minimum space. It integrates asynchronous buck regulator controller (VDDQ) with a 2-A sink and2-A source tracking LDO (VTT) and buffered low noise reference (VTTREF).
The device employs D-CAP™ mode coupled with 300 kHz or 400 kHzfrequencies for ease-of-use and fast transient response or D-CAP2™ mode coupled with higher500 kHz or 670 kHz frequencies to support ceramic output capacitorwithout an external compensation circuit. The VTTREF tracks VDDQ/2 within excellent 0.8% accuracy.The VTT, which provides 2-A sink and 2-A source peakcurrent capabilities, requires only 10-µF of ceramic capacitance. A dedicated LDO supply input isavailable.
The device also provides excellent power supply performance. It supports flexible powerstate control, placing VTT at high-Z in S3 and discharging VDDQ, VTT and VTTREF (soft-off) in S4 orS5 state. Programmable OCL with low-side MOSFET RDS(on) sensing, OVP, UVP,UVLO and thermal shutdown protections are also available.