|Package | PIN:||RGT | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 96% Maximum Efficiency
- Continuous 5-A Output Current
- Supports All MLCC Output Capacitor
- SmoothPWM™ Auto-Skip Eco-Mode™ for Light-Load Efficiency
- Optimized Efficiency at Light and Heavy Loads
- Voltage Mode Control
- Supports Master-Slave Interleaved Operation
- Synchronization up to ±20% of Nominal Frequency
- Conversion Voltage Range Between 2.9 V and 6 V
- Soft-Stop Output Discharge During Disable
- Adjustable Output Voltage Ranging Between 0.6 V and 0.84 V × VIN
- Overcurrent, Overvoltage, and Overtemperature Protection
- Small 3 mm × 3 mm, 16-Pin QFN Package
- Open-Drain Power Good Indication
- Internal Boot Strap Switch
- Low RDS(on), 24 mΩ With 3.3-V Input and 19-mΩ With 5-V Input
- Supports Prebias Start-Up
Texas Instruments TPS53321RGTR
The TPS53321 device provides a fully integrated 3-V to 5-V VIN integrated synchronous FET converter solution with 16 total components in 200 mm2 of PCB area. Due to the low ON-resistance and TIs Proprietary SmoothPWM™ skip mode of operation, it enables 96% peak efficiency and over 90% efficiency at loads as light as 100 mA. It requires only two 22-µF ceramic output capacitors for a power dense 5-A solution.
The TPS53321 features a 1.1-MHz switching frequency, skip mode operation support, prebias start-up, internal soft start, output soft discharge, internal VBST switch, power good, EN/input UVLO, overcurrent, overvoltage, undervoltage, and overtemperature protections, and all ceramic output capacitor support. It supports supply voltage from 2.9 V to 3.5 V and conversion voltage from 2.9 V to 6 V. The output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to 0.84 V × VIN.
The TPS53321 is available in the 3 mm × 3 mm 16-pin QFN package (Green RoHs compliant and Pb free) and operates between –40°C and 85°C.