|Package | PIN:||RSB | 40|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Intel VR13 Serial VID (SVID) Compliant
- Full VR13 Server Feature Set Including Digital Input Power Monitor
- Programmable Loop Compensations
- Configurable with Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) for Low External Component Counts
- Individual Phase Current Calibrations and Reports
- Dynamic Phase Shedding with Programmable Current Threshold for Optimizing Efficiency at Light and Heavy Loads
- Fast Phase-Adding for Undershoot Reduction (USR)
- Backward VR12.0 and VR12.5 Compatible
- 8-Bit DAC with Selectable 5 mV or 10 mV Resolution and Output Ranges from 0.25 V to 1.52 V or 0.5 to 2.8125 V for Dual Channels
- Driverless Configuration for Efficient High-Frequency Switching
- Fully Compatible with TI NextFET™ Power Stage for High-Density Solutions
- Accurate, Adjustable Voltage Positioning
- Patented AutoBalance™ Phase Balancing
- Selectable, 16-level Per-Phase Current Limit
- PMBus™ System Interface for Telemetry of Voltage, Current, Power, Temperature, and Fault Conditions
- Dynamic Output Voltage Transitions with Programmable Slew Rates via SVID or PMBus Interface
- Conversion Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 17 V
- Low Quiescent Current
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS53679RSBT
The TPS53679 is a fully VR13 SVID compliant step-down controller with dual channels, built-in non-volatile memory (NVM), and PMBus™ interface, and is fully compatible with TI NexFET ™power stage. Advanced control features such as D-CAP+™ architecture with undershoot reduction (USR) provide fast transient response, low output capacitance, and good current sharing. The device also provides novel phase interleaving strategy and dynamic phase shedding for efficiency improvement at different loads. Adjustable control of VCORE slew rate and voltage positioning round out the Intel® VR13™ features. In addition, the device supports the PMBus communication interface for reporting the telemetry of voltage, current, power, temperature, and fault conditions to the systems. All programmable parameters can be configured by the PMBus interface and can be stored in NVM as the new default values to minimize the external component count.
The TPS53679 device if offered in a thermally enhanced -pin QFN packaged and is rated to operate from –40°C to 125°C.